HBT offers the following Firearm Certification Classes:
The class information will cover, firearm safety, basic principals of marksmanship, maintenance, loading/unloading a concealable firearm, all applicable state and federal laws and firearms handling. All students that take the 16 hour course will receive two certifications. The first reflects the completion of the NRA Basic Pistol and the second is the Illinois Concealed Carry License, Firearm Training. The NRA Basic Pistol along with the FOID, Federal & State Laws are taught in the Utah Concealed Carry License Course.
- 16 Hour Concealed Carry License Class – Learn more.
- 8 Hour Concealed Carry License Class – Learn more.
- Advanced Training – Learn more.
- 3 hour Re-Certification/License Renewal – Learn more.
Qualifications for ALL students:
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Possess a valid Firearm Owner Identification Card (FOID);
- Possess a valid Illinois Identification Card or Drivers License; Any valid State Identification Card or Drivers License for Utah;
- Have not been convicted or found guilty in Illinois or any other state of a misdemeanor involving the use or threat of physical force or violence to any person within the last 5 years
Military Training is an 8 Hour exceptable credit towards a ICCL:
- Produce a DD214 of Honorable Discharge (Retired or discharged military);
- Active military must produce a valid Military Identification Card
Classroom materials needed:
- Two sharp pencils;
- Waist belt that will support the weight of a firearm;
- T-Shirt/Undershirt to be worn;
- Holster* ;
- Firearms Manual (if applicable);
- Drivers License and/or State Identification;
- FIREARM OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD (FOID);
- Any prior firearms certifications received (Originals ONLY);
- Original/Certified copy of DD214;
- Firearm* (however ALL FIREARMS MUST BE UNLOADED AND IN A GUN CASE OR BAG. NO LIVE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED IN CLASS!)
* may be provided for classroom use, if student does now own one
- HBT reserves the right to refuse services to anyone, for any reason;
- Any returned checks will result in a service fee of $20
- Any student wishing to cancel or reschedule a course may result in a forfeiture of deposit and/or additional charge(s);
- Any course date, location may be postponed, cancelled due to enrollment, weather conditions and/or other events beyond our control;
- A deposit of $85 is required ten days prior to any registered class and the remainder of the balance is due in class;
- All deposits are non-refundable;
- All students that are required to take the 16 Hour Course (BASIC PISTOL & FOID Act, State, Federal Laws & Range) classrooms starts on time, on both, the First & Second Day. All students that are required to take only the 8 Hour Course (FOID Act, State, Federal Laws & Range), classrooms start on time, on the Second Day. Any student that may be late must notify a Class Instructor.
Owning a handgun is NOT a requirement for taking the class. However every student MUST provide their own handgun (Revolver or Semi-Automatic), holster and 50 rounds of ammunition. At an additional price you can rent a handgun and purchase ammunition from the range facility during the live fire qualification.
AMMUNITION IS NOT ALLOWED DURING THE CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION TIME.
Any previous applicable Firearm Training Certification received should be presented to the instructor for the additional credit towards a ICCL Certification.