Basic Security Training (PERC)
20-hour Basic Security Training
If you’re aspiring to embark on a career in the security industry as an unarmed Certified Security Officer in Illinois, HBT’s first 20-hour course is tailor-made for you. Not only does this course pave the way for a rewarding security profession, but it also equips you with the skills to elevate your current job role while obtaining a state certificate.
Upon successful completion of these courses, students are eligible to apply for their IDFPR PERC Card or their IDFPR Firearm Control Card. Please note that the class fee excludes the PERC card registration fee and the cost of the fingerprint background check. Take the first step towards a promising security career with us!
- Law of arrest, search and seizures
- Civil and criminal law
- Illinois criminal code 720 ILCS
- Use of force
- Arrest and control techniques
- Criminal code 2012
- First aid
- Fire prevention, fire equipment and fire safety
- Report writing
- Civil rights public relations
- Identification of terrorists and act of terrorism and terrorist organization
- Active shooter
Things You Need for Class
- Driver’s License or State ID
- FOID Card if you have one (you don’t need one to take the class)
- Paper, Pen or Pencil
- Rigid Belt and Holster for your firearm
- Please read over our FAQs and Cancelation Policy.
For those aiming to become certified armed Security Officers, our second 20-hour firearms course is designed to meet your needs. This comprehensive training aligns with the Illinois State mandate, fulfilling the 20/40 hour requirements for both unarmed and armed private security training as outlined in the Illinois Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004.