Firearm Control Card (FCC)
28-hour Basic Firearm Training
For those aiming to become certified armed Security Officers, our second 28-hour firearms course is designed to meet your needs. This comprehensive training aligns with the Illinois State mandate, fulfilling the 20/48 hour requirements for both unarmed and armed private security training as outlined in the Illinois Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004.
Upon successful completion of these courses, students are eligible to apply for their IDFPR PERC Card or their IDFPR Firearm Control Card. Please note that the class fee excludes the PERC card registration fee and the cost of the fingerprint background check. Take the first step towards a promising security career with us!
- Firearm safety
- Loading, unloading, care and cleaning of firearm
- FOID Act, Illinois Concealed Carry Act
- Use of force: defense of a person, defense of a dwelling, defense of other property, and unlawful use of a weapon
- State and Federal laws
- Situational awareness
- Written Exam
- Dry fire drills, weapon retention
- Live fire qualifications
Things You Need for Class
- Driver’s License or State ID
- FOID Card if you have one (you don’t need one to take the class)
- Paper, Pen or Pencil
- Rigid Belt and Holster for your firearm
- You can rent a firearm and buy ammunition at the range if you don’t have one
- Please read over our FAQs and Cancelation Policy.
20-hour Basic Security (PERC)
If you’re aspiring to embark on a career in the security industry as an unarmed Certified Security Officer in Illinois, HBT’s first 20-hour course is tailor-made for you. Not only does this course pave the way for a rewarding security profession, but it also equips you with the skills to elevate your current job role while obtaining a state certificate.