ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK OR SHIELD DURING TRAINING:
The first 20 hour course is geared toward the individual who is interested in finding a career in the security field as an unarmed Certified Security Officer in Illinois. This class can also offer an individual the ability to enhance their present job skills and earn a state certificate. The second 20 hour firearms course is for an individual looking to become certified to work as an armed Security Officer. This training meets the requirements of the Illinois State mandate for 20/40 hour unarmed/armed private security training under the Illinois Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor and Locksmith Act of 2004. The completion of these courses will allow the student to apply for their IDFPR PERC Card or their IDFPR Firearm Control Card. Class fee does not include PERC card registration fee or the cost of the fingerprint background check.
Security Training Class Basics:
- 20 Hour Basic Security: IDFPR certified training towards your PERC card.
Law of arrest, search and seizures
Civil and criminal law
Illinois criminal code 720 ILCS
Use of force
Arrest and control techniques
Criminal code 2012
The law on Private security forces and reporting to Law enforcement
Fire prevention, fire equipment and fire safety
Civil rights public relations
Identification of terrorists and act of terrorism and terrorist organization
- 20 Hour Firearm Training: IDFPR certified training towards Firearm Control Card.
Loading, unloading, care and cleaning
Ammunition review, misfire, hang-fire, squib
FOID Act, Illinois Concealed Carry Act review
Four safety rules
Use of force: Deadly force
Firearm discharge report
State and Federal laws
Dry fire drills
Live fire qualification
* When you register for a class, you are holding a space that is no longer available to our potential students. To be respectful to our patrons, please contact us as soon as you know you will not be able to make the registered class.
* If you need to cancel your registration, please call us at 773-485-7223 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday through Saturday or email us at email@example.com. If necessary, you may leave a detailed voicemail message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
* Any cancellation or rescheduled classes made less than 3 days of the scheduled class date will result in a cancellation fee. The amount of the fee will be equal to 10% of the reserved services.
* If you are more than 10 minutes late for your registered class, we may not be able to accommodate you. In this case, the same cancellation fee will apply. We will do our absolute best to reschedule your class for another time and date that is convenient to our schedule.
* We require a credit card registration online to hold your class registration.
* In the event of a true, unavoidable emergency, all or part of your cancellation fees may be applied to future services.